Holiday Shopping on Cannery RowShopping on historic Cannery Row is a holiday tradition in Monterey. With twinkling holiday lights, this waterfront attraction features local stores, art galleries, food and wine shops, and boutiques with everything from jewelry to photography to clothing. Shop for Christmas gifts and Black Friday sales at this iconic attraction on Monterey Bay.
Experience the Cannery Row Tree LightingGet into the holiday spirit at the annual Holiday Tree Lighting on Cannery Row on November 25th, starting at 5:00 pm. This free event is a Monterey family tradition with Christmas carolers, entertainment, and Santa Claus and his reindeer. See the lighting of the Christmas tree dripping with lights in Steinbeck Plaza and enjoy the seasonal merriment at this historic Monterey event.
Old Monterey Walking Food TourThe holiday season is the perfect time to eat through the streets of historic Monterey. Join the Old Monterey Walking Food Tour from Old Fisherman's Wharf with food and wine tastings from neighborhood restaurants. Discover Monterey's vibrant food and drink scene on this culinary walking adventure. Stop at popular restaurants, and food shops as guides share fun local history and dining tips.
Monterey Sightseeing AdventuresSpend your Thanksgiving weekend exploring the natural beauty and culture of Monterey County. From the wonders of the Bay to California's most scenic coastal drive, Monterey is a spectacular destination for a family adventure.
- Monterey Bay Aquarium: Take the kids to the Monterey Bay Aquarium with incredible exhibits that are your window to the world's oceans. Meet sea otters, penguins, and sharks at this world-famous aquarium at the water's edge on Cannery Row.
- Cruise Along 17-Mile Drive - Discover one of the most scenic drives in the world, past dramatic coastal cliffs, white beaches, legendary Pebble Beach golf courses, and mystical forests. See the Lone Cypress, Fanshell Beach, and the power of the ocean at Point Joe. Stop for a stroll along the boardwalk and beach at Spanish Bay.
- Monterey Bay Whale Watching – Experience a whale watching tour on Monterey Bay. See humpback, blue, and orca whales from April through December, as well as dolphins, sea otters, and marine life. November is the perfect time to spot massive killer whales in the bay – an exhilarating experience.
Enjoy a Thanksgiving Dinner in MontereyEnjoy a traditional Thanksgiving dinner in an extraordinary destination. Gather with family and friends for a Thanksgiving Day lunch or dinner at Estéban Restaurant at the Casa Munras Garden Hotel & Spa in Monterey. The Thanksgiving menu features Diestel organic heirloom herb roasted turkey with cranberry relish, pan giblet gravy, and sides like creamy mashed potatoes.
- Dine-In or To-Go 3-Course Thanksgiving Dinner Special - $68 per person plus tax
- Dine-in Turkey Plate - $48 per adult, $28 for children 6 – 12 years old plus tax, and kids 5 & under eat free