To Our Inns of Monterey GuestWe at the Inns of Monterey feel privileged that you are considering to stay at one or more of our hotels when traveling to Monterey.
Inns of Monterey is open for all guests with enhanced cleaning and sanitizing procedures. We are here to answer any questions at
800-222-2446 or at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Safety Is Our Primary Concern
We want to assure you that your well-being and safety is our number one priority for our guests, our ambassadors and our community. We take great pride in delivering the highest standards in cleanliness and hygiene. Our team is well-prepared and specifically trained in protocols to ensure a clean, safe and healthy environment for you as our guest. We are proud to be awarded by the World Travel & Tourism Commission "Safe Travels" designation and been recognized by AAA with Best in Housekeeping status in 2020. Our vigorous program was developed, and continues to be refined, based on guidelines from the Center of Disease Control and Prevention, the World Health Organization, California Hotel & Lodging Association and the Monterey County Health Authority.
The following outlines the precautionary measures in effect at the hotels focused on your well-being. Each department has its own detailed set of procedures which are based on expert guidance from leaders in sanitization and safety.
Throughout the Hotels
- Increased frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in all public areas, guest rooms and back of house.
- Extra attention given to cleaning and disinfecting high touch areas and surfaces such as doorknobs, elevator buttons, light switches, handles, phones, handrails, tables, chairs and tableware.
- Additional hand sanitizers and alcohol-based disinfectants are available throughout the hotel and are easily accessible by guests and employees.
- Added reminders and signage to wash hands for at least 20 seconds as a key preventative measure.
Arrivals and Check-Outs
- Our room keys and pens will be sanitized after each use.
- Pre-registration is encouraged for all guests to avoid the need for touch transactions during check-in and check-out.
- We highly encourage one guest to visit the hotel lobby when checking in their party or family.
- Plexiglass shields have been installed at the Front Desk to encourage social distancing for guests and staff.
- Virtual check-out via the phone is strongly encouraged.
- Food preparation hygiene protocols are strictly enforced and will include proper separation of personal workspaces for food handlers. Gloves and masks will be worn with all service staff.
- Rooms are thoroughly sanitized in accordance with health and government guidelines. Special attention will be given to high touch surfaces, handles, doorknobs, switches, faucets, remotes, alarm clocks, TVs, safety latches, trash receptacles, toilet and shower handles.
- Housekeeping service is provided. See each hotel for full details of their housekeeping services. Additional pillows and blankets are available by request only. No reusable materials are stored in guest rooms. Linens are removed in one-time use bags upon check-out or request.
- Ongoing internal communication and training with our employees to ensure the realization of the highest standards in health and hygiene. Detailed protocols are in place for each department and checks are consistently performed to ensure compliance.
- Daily, per shift cleaning routine covering the basics with an emphasis on frequency and consistency.
- A flexible "stay home/stay healthy" schedule for our employees, encouraging those who may feel ill to remain at home.
- Proper hand washing before delivering any food or item to a guest. Hand sanitizer is available throughout front and back of house.
- Protocols in place for assisting guests who may feel ill for any reason.
- Professional sanitization will be administered as needed to maintain the highest levels of safety and cleanliness.
- We encourage those who consider themselves high risk to check with their personal health care professional before traveling.
For more information, please email us at email@example.com. Guests who booked via online travel agents or other third party travel professionals are advised to contact their booking provider for information on their policies. Please Note: This policy does not apply to travel associated with a Group booking.
We encourage all guests and staff to take the recommended precautions and please do not travel if you are not feeling well.
Our staff and our guests are like family to us and Monterey is our home. The safety of all three is and always will be of utmost importance to us. We will continue to monitor health and safety protocols through local and national health organizations.