Monterey Holiday Events
- Wednesday, November 21 - Thursday, January 6
- Celebrate the holidays amidst the scenic coastline at Ice Skating by the Bay's seasonal ice-skating rink located in Custom House Plaza behind Portola Hotel & Spa. The ice rink is open daily Monday-Saturday from 11am-10pm and Sunday from 12pm-8pm.
- Date: November 23, 2018: Cannery Row Tree Lighting
- Location/Address:700 Cannery Row, Monterey, CA 93940
- Monterey might not have snowflakes, icicles or other traditional winter-season trappings, but there's no shortage of holiday cheer in this charming coastal destination. During the 24th annual Cannery Row Tree Lighting celebration on Friday, Nov. 23, seasonal merriment transforms the street that Steinbeck made famous.
- The free event kicks off at 4 p.m. in Steinbeck Plaza (corner of Cannery Row and Prescott Avenue). Revelers can mix and mingle with Kris Kringle himself; some of his reindeer will also be available for photos. After snapping selfies with Santa, guests are invited to sing along with classic holiday carolers. The family-friendly festivities culminate with the evening's headlining event: the lighting of the Cannery Row tree at 6 p.m.
- Date: Every Saturday & Sundays from 12 - 4PM, November 24th - December 16th
- Location/Address: 685 Cannery Row, Monterey, Ca 93940
- Families and children of all ages can visit with Santa for FREE at Steinbeck Plaza on Cannery Row.
- Date: Friday, December 7 and Saturday, December 8, 5pm-9pm
- Location/Address: Monterey State Historic Park 20 Custom House Plaza, Monterey, CA 93940
- Step back into Monterey's past during Christmas in the Adobes. See the adobes by candlelight and enjoy refreshments and live performances as volunteers in period attire welcome you into historic homes decorated in historical style. The twenty 19th-century adobes, lit by luminaries and enhanced with period decorations, are within an easy walk of each other. Learn while you celebrate; docents and volunteers will be on hand to tell the story of each of these charming buildings, many of which are only open to the public during this celebration. Tickets are $25 for adults, $2 for children ages 6-17 (must be accompanied by a paying adult), and free for children ages 5 and under. Buy tickets online.
Monterey Holiday Shopping
Monterey, CA Hotel Holiday Specials
- Make lasting memories at the Inns of Monterey
- Celebrate the holidays in Monterey, California, where the spirit of the season comes alive this season. Create new traditions while dining at Esteban Restaurant. Savor Thanksgiving Dinner with the family, make a reservation for a great Christmas dinner, and celebrate the New Year.