Celebrate a great Valentine's on Old Fisherman’s Wharf in February! As they say, turn on your love light!
- Join in the fun with the "Old Fisherman's Wharf's For Love of the Sea Valentine’s Poetry Contest” and enter to win Wharf Dollars to be used at any merchant on Old Fisherman’s Wharf
- Enjoy some great photo ops at Old Fisherman’s Wharf with lots of heart-felt Valentine's decorations during the first two weeks of February
- A cute Cupid character will be in front of Candy World giving out complimentary candy samples on Valentine’s Day, February 14th from 12 pm to 5 pm
- The Wharf Merchants will also feature special Valentine's menu items, cocktails, confections, jewelry, gift items, boat trips and more to celebrate the Valentine's holiday season
- Gift certificates for Whale Watching, Fishing, Sailing and Glass Bottom Boat Trips offered by businesses on the Wharf also make wonderful Valentine’s gifts for family and friends
February is the month to celebrate love and affection and we love and appreciate everyone who comes to Monterey's Old Fisherman's Wharf to Shop Local with our businesses!
“For the Love of the Sea Valentine’s Poetry Contest” information:
Fisherman’s Wharf Association is pleased to hold a free to enter "Old Fisherman’s Wharf’s For the Love of the Sea Valentine’s Poetry Contest".
Here are the rules below and they are also listed on the Valentine’s event page on montereywharf.com.
- To enter a photo in the Wharf's "For the Love of the Sea Valentine's Poetry Contest", everyone is invited to submit a 4-line (maximum) poem during the month of February that incorporates any aspect of the sea-life theme! The ocean is so inspiring and so are its denizens of the deep, from otters, sea lions, dolphins and so much more!
- Please send your poem submission to firstname.lastname@example.org before February 28, 2023.
- The three winning poems will be read on the Sundays with Sinatra radio program hosted by David Marzetti and heard on KMBY 1240AM/95.9FM and/ KKDJ FM Fresno and KKDJ FM Hanford Visalia.
- With your submission to email@example.com, please be sure to include your name, address, email and phone number.
- Please indicate in the email submission if the poem can be used on the Wharf’s social media.
- Important! The subject line of the poem submission email should state: Wharf Valentine’s Poetry Contest Entry.
There will be a total of 3 winners and the first-place winner will receive $100 in Wharf Dollars, the second-place winner will receive $50 in Wharf Dollars and third place winner will receive $25 in Wharf Dollars, to be redeemed at any Wharf merchant. Winners will be notified by March 15, 2023.