Autophiles, start your engines. If you love cars and auto racing, Monterey County offers a legendary car culture and motorsports scene. Shift your summer vacation into high gear with a line-up of car events, including the annual Monterey Car Week in August. See the world's most elegant and exotic automobiles while experiencing the beauty of California's Central Coast.
Monterey Car Week 2021 (August 6 – 15th)
Monterey Car Week, held August 6-15th, is one of the top auto events in the world. If you're a classic or vintage car enthusiast and a sports car fan, this incredible event will rock your world. Experience 30 bumper-to-bumper events, including auto shows, concourses, car races, high-ticket auctions, exhibitions, VIP parties, and new luxury car reveals – all in the breathtaking scenery of the Monterey Peninsula.
See classic cars cruise the streets of Monterey, Pebble Beach golf course, and the world-famous WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca. Monterey Car Week 2021 kicks off with a collection of historic race cars lining Alvarado Street before racing at the Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion at WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca. Meet the drivers, marvel at icons of racing history and enjoy live music. This week-long event culminates with the legendary Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance, celebrating its 70th year.
Monterey Pre-Reunion at Weathertech Laguna Seca
Head over to the Monterey Pre-Reunion at Weathertech Laguna Seca, August 7 -8, and see more than 300 race cars competing for two days prior to the Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion. Fans can see the cars practice on the track and wander through the paddock bustling with teams working on the cars in the pits. Enjoy a special themed drink from Esteban Restaurant in Monterey so you toast to the winners.
Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance – August 15
See the planet's most valuable collector cars compete at the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance at The Lodge at Pebble Beach. These amazing automobiles - from vintage sports cars to mid-century convertibles - are judged for their historical accuracy, technical merit, and style, Check out the Concept Lawn where you can marvel at mind-blowing designs and new technologies.
Monterey Car Week Highlights
- Monterey Car Week Kick-Off - August 6, 2021
- Monterey Pre-Reunion - August 8 and 9, 2021
- The Porsche Monterey Classic - August 9, 2021
- Classic Motorsports Magazine Monterey Kickoff Cruise-In - August 10, 2021
- Concours on the Avenue - August 10, 2021
- Pebble Beach Motoring Classic - August 11, 2021
- Mecum Monterey 2021 Auction - August 12-14, 2020
- Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion - August,12-15, 2021
- Pebble Beach Tour d'Elegance Presented by Rolex - August 12, 2021
- Pebble Beach Classic Car Forum - August 12 - 14th, 2021
- Pebble Beach RetroAuto - August 12 - 14th, 2021
- The Quail, A Motorsports Gathering - August 13, 2021
- Pacific Grove Rotary Concours Auto Rally - August 13, 2021
- Gooding & Company's Pebble Beach Auctions - August 13 - 14, 2021
- RM Sotheby's Monterey - August 13, 14, 2021
- Legends of the Autobahn - August 14, 2021
- Concorso Italiano - August 14, 2021
- Concours d'LeMons - August 14, 2021
- Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance - August,15 2021
Upcoming Racing Events at Weathertech Laguna Seca
If you're still craving a high-speed experience, Weathertech Laguna Seca presents several racing events in September.
- Hyundai Monterey Sports Car Championship - September 10-12
- Firestone Grand Prix of Monterey - September 17-19
Inns of Monterey Celebrates Car Week
Rev up your summer with a getaway the Inns of Monterey. Stay close to the Car Week action at our five boutique hotels in Old Town Monterey and on Cannery Row. Enjoy beautiful rooms and suites with city and bay views, within steps of Monterey Car Week events and 10 miles from Weathertech Laguna Seca raceway. Celebrate auto racing at Estéban Restaurant adjacent to Casa Munras Garden Hotel & Spa, with Monterey's best outdoor patio.